A convenient protected growing area
Features of the Greenhouse
- Typically built on a gable style building, but can be built on a variety of structure styles
- Transparent twin wall polycarbonate panels
- Sizes from 6×6 to 14×32
- Can be built with or without a floor
- Completely customizable on where polycarbonate panels, windows, and doors are placed
- Can be modified to the customer’s needs
Portable Greenhouse Gallery: Find Your Inspiration!
Our Greenhouse is More than Just a Shed!
The portable greenhouse shed from Countryside is an incredibly durable and compact backyard greenhouse that comes with some BIG benefits. Whether you need a nursery for germinating new plants, or a place to grow flowers and herbs year round, we believe you’ll love having your own protected growing area. Our portable greenhouses can withstand many kinds of weather conditions that would otherwise wreck a cheap green house or kill your delicate plants, be it strong winds, snow, and many other harsh weather conditions. Your plants will thrive in our portable greenhouse. A greenhouse is a simple way to grow food in your own backyard!
Fresh Air=Healthy Plants.
A key component of a quality greenhouse is having good circulation. There are 4 main things good ventilation achieves in a greenhouse:
- Better climate management: Good circulation allows you to regulate temperature and humidity much easier.
- Maintains healthy carbon dioxide levels: Plants need carbon dioxide to grow, and become unhealthy if they don’t have it.
- Better pollination: A slight breeze is essential to the pollination process of plants, especially those that are self-pollinating, like tomatoes.
- Increased pest protection: Bugs often thrive in stagnant environments, making a greenhouse with no airflow a perfect environment for pests to thrive.
With our portable greenhouse, you can add a circulation fan and thermostat that allows for active ventilation. This is different than passive ventilation done through venting, and allows you to manage your greenhouse’s climate on a whole new level.
Learn more about benefits of growing your own food with a portable greenhouse!
Twin-wall Polycarbonate Panels
Transparent protection for your plants
For our portable greenhouses, we use twin-wall polycarbonate for our transparent panels. This material is popular in greenhouses for a number of reasons. Here are some of the benefits of polycarbonate panels:
First, it’s a much lighter material than glass, making it a great choice for a portable greenhouse. It’s a very durable material as well that stands up to harsh environments and storms. Polycarbonate is also known for it’s ability to repel water, so it’s great for keeping condensation out. These panels do a great job at diffusing light, so your plants will have all the natural light they need to thrive! Here’s some more great info on the benefits of a polycarbonate greenhouse.
With our twin-wall polycarbonate panels, your portable greenhouse will be a perfect growing environment for years down the road. You won’t have to worry whether or not your greenhouse will stand up to the weather and heat, and you can focus instead on all the great benefits of your own greenhouse shed!
Features of all our Storage Buildings
- Full 2×4″ Construction
- 16″ O.C. Stud Spacing, Double Top Plates
- Sturdy 4×4″ Pressure-Treated Runners
- All Plywood Interior: Solid 3/4″ Flooring, 7/16″ Roof Sheeting
- 15/32″ Roseburg Duratemp Textured Plywood Siding
- Full 2×4″ Trusses
- 30-Year Architectural Shingles (Other Roofing Options Available)
- Screened Gable Vents
- Hand-Crafted 43″ Wide Door
- Soffit And Fascia Trim
- Primed And Caulked
- Pre-Built Ready To Use!
Upgrades for the Greenhouse Shed
- Pressure Treated Floor
- Windows (vinyl and aluminum)
- Window in door
- Gable Fan with Thermostat
- Custom Paint
- Interior paint
- Cupola or Weathervane
- Electrical Package (outlets, ceiling light)
- Metal Roof
- Custom Paint
Popular Greenhouse Upgrades
Questions and Answers
What is the weight of the Greenhouse?
The weight of our greenhouse shed varies depending on the options chosen, but a here’s a “ball park” reference:
- 8′ × 10′ Greenhouse = 1700 pounds
- 8′ × 12′ Greenhouse = 1800 pounds
- 10′ × 12′ Greenhouse = 2425 pounds
- 10′ × 16′ Greenhouse = 2950 pounds
How tall is the Greenhouse Shed?
Measurements listed are taken from the top of the ridge cap of the roof to the bottom of the floor runners sitting on the ground. These heights don’t include the elevation of the blocks used on the runners.
Gable Shed Height:
- 8′ wide = 9′ 9″ tall
- 10′ wide = 10′ 10″ tall
- 12′ wide = 11′ 4″ tall
- 14′ wide = 11′ 8″ tall
Give your Backyard Garden a Boost!
Nurturing plants benefits the mind, body, and soul. Whether or not you have a “green thumb” you’ll benefit from a convenient protected area for starting and nurturing herbs, flowers, and even vegetables. We’d love to help you achieve your dreams for a backyard greenhouse. Get in touch with us for a quote or visit one of our locations to get started.