Features of the Mini Barn Shed
This small chicken coop is a giant leap forward in backyard farming.
Features of the Chicken Coop
- Spaciously sized
- Separate rooms for nesting and egg-collection
- Innovative rollaway nesting boxes
- Optional LuxGuard flooring
- Optional solar-powered timer automatic chicken door!
- Optional roosting bars
In-Stock Chicken Coops For Sale
8’x12′ Quaker Chicken Coop$6,252.00
A Coop that’s Not Just For The Birds ?
Our innovative, compact chicken coop isn’t just a storage shed with a hen house door on one side, it’s a turn-key solution for a backyard egg-factory. You and your birds will love this convenient and accommodating structure, including an easy-to-latch chicken door (even an option for a fully automatic solar-powered chicken door complete with a digital programmable timer!) and easy access to both sides of the innovative nesting boxes.
Fresh Clean Eggs.
Fast and Easy.
Are you worried about collecting and cleaning your eggs? You’ll be worried no longer when you see the beauty of our egg-saving Roll-Out nests from Best Nest Box. The nesting box protects your eggs from scavenging chickens and dirt through its unique roll-away design. The Best Nest Box roll out nest box (also called a rollaway nest box) has a sloped floor which causes eggs to roll away from the hens to a collection area. This roll out feature keeps the eggs clean and unbroken and all in one place for easy collection.
All this means clean, fresh, eggs, always available in your backyard – and clean shoes for you!. Can someone pinch me to make sure I’m not dreaming?
Clean and Simple.
Not only are your eggs more safe and comfortable with the nest box, you and your little egg-collectors are too with this innovative box in combination with our unique and convenient double-room chicken coop.
Collect your eggs in a clean and comfortable room, completely separate from the main nesting area. Three cheers for a convenient, healthy, and family-friendly hen house design!
The Best Nest Box Advantage
From a small family farm in Ohio comes an innovation for backyard family farms everywhere. The Best Nest Box brings all the advantages from best-of-breed industrial engineering to small-scale sustainable farming. Say goodbye to competing with your chickens for fresh clean eggs, with this nesting box that’s designed to make life easier and healthier for you and your flock.
Chicken Door Options:
Manual Door: The nifty hen house door can easily be locked in an open or closed position.
- Matching Trim: Each custom door is trimmed to match the outside of your hen house.
- Easy To Open: Our custom doors feature an easy-grip handle and smooth sliding design.
- Choice of latch: With the simple flip of a latch, you can secure your flock on the inside or the outside — or allow them to forage freely between your chicken coop and yard, when and as needed.
Automatic Door: Or, why not upgrade to the popular solar-powered programmable fully automatic chicken door for not that much more?
- Frees Your Time: The timer and light sensor features free you from the daily manual opening of the chicken door and closing it at night every day. Especially during the cold winter and when your chicken coop is far from the house. The smart chicken door can help you to solve the inconvenience of opening and closing the chicken coop.
- Anti-Pinch Design: Our chicken coop doors feature an anti-pinch design, The door will automatically rise up to 1/3 of the door height when the door encounters an obstacle in the closing process and then close automatically after about 10 seconds. This innovative anti-pinch feature ensures your chicks are protected from harm during the operation.
- Four Usage Modes: The automatic chicken door has 4 switch setting modes: Timer, Light Sensor, remote control and manual mode. You can choose the mode according to your preference.
- No electricity needed!!
- Long enough cable to move your solar-panel for optimal sun.
Watt a bright idea.
The industrial-quality chicken coop electrical wiring package provides protected lighting sockets, and electrical outlets, giving you light as when needed and power for heating or servicing your coop.
Call for more details about tailoring this to your specific needs.
Standard Chicken Coop Layout
This is only a typical chicken coop idea of what most people like. However, if you are wanting a more customized coop, we also build custom chicken coops upon your request too. Move the chicken door. Expand the enclosed area. Add a transom window in the man door. Add custom nesting boxes. Or keep it simple and not have any internal wall – just a plain simple coop. Contact us or get a free chicken coop quote and let’s talk about your chicken coop needs.
Download the Standard Chicken Coop Layout PDF here.
Design your shed online, get a free quote, then let us build and deliver your shed.
Rent to own your shed instead of renting a storage unit across the town and save money.
If you need someone to prepare the site for you, we may be able to help with that as well.
We build our sheds same as a contractor builds a house. Add-ons that fit your needs!
See What Others Have Said About Our Chicken Coops
Features of all our Storage Buildings
- Full 2×4″ Construction
- 16″ O.C. Stud Spacing, Double Top Plates
- Sturdy 4×4″ Pressure-Treated Runners
- All Plywood Interior: Solid 3/4″ Flooring, 7/16″ Roof Sheeting
- 15/32″ Roseburg Duratemp Textured Plywood Siding
- Full 2×4″ Trusses (with truss plates – NO plywood gussets!!)
- 30-Year Architectural Shingles (Other Roofing Options Available)
- Screened Gable Vents
- Soffit And Fascia Trim
- Primed And Caulked
- Pre-Built Ready To Use!
Common Upgrades for the Chicken Coop
- Electrical Package
- Cupola and Weathervane
- Metal Roof
- Custom Paint
- Roosting perches
- Two-tiered nesting boxes
- LuxGuard rubberized diamond-plate flooring
- Cupola’s and Weathervanes (even the popular Rooster!!)