Shed Construction Options
Options For Your Own Custom Shed or Garage
Customize your building with add-ons that fit your needs! Countryside Sheds can add windows, doors, ramps, roof extensions, and a host of other customization options to your shed construction. If you do not see a feature you are looking for in this list, please give is us a call.
- Custom-Sized Building to Fit In a Limited Area – Ideal for small backyards or places hard to fit into.
- Match Siding or Design to Existing Building – Make your backyard design flow by matching your outdoor shed colors with your house.
- Available Without A Floor (ideal for cement slabs) – Set your shed on concrete pad instead of adding extra floor.
- Gable End Roof Extensions – Great for extra rain runoff and more unique custom appearance.
Exterior Shed Construction
Our buildings are typically covered with Roseburg Duratemp textured plywood siding. There are many other siding options available. Trim is installed on all the edges, including the soffit and fascia. Then we carefully calk around all the door, vent, eaves, and all the other important areas to make the structure tight and waterproof.
The making of a tough shed begins with the foundation, and it ends with the roofing. Instead of hoping that an a-frame roof will withstand any snow load, we insist on using full 2×4 trusses to undergird the ceiling. The actual roof sheeting is comprised of 7/16″ plywood, and covered with 30-year architectural shingles, or the roofing material of your choice.
The siding you choose for your custom shed or portable garage makes a huge difference in how your structure looks. We deliver most of our buildings unpainted, but we would also be happy to paint your shed any color that you would like—we’ll even match the color of your house.
Of course, a building is only as useful as it is accessible, which is why we offer plenty of flexible door options on any of our structures. The standard single and double-door options are our own sturdy proprietary wood design. These doors are available in a variety of sizes and look great, feel sturdy, and are guaranteed to align.
If you’re looking for something a bit more formal, we also offer metal and fiberglass insulated doors, with optional 9-lite windows for additional security and light. And if you’re wanting a roll-up door for moving larger equipment and supplies, we’ve got you covered with a variety of sizes. Looking for a really unique combination? We can switch-out door styles between our different shed lines. If needed, we will even frame in an opening to fit a door that you provide.
Make your shed beautiful and accessible with these quality door options:
If you are planning on spending time in your structure for projects, or need good visibility for managing your stuff, then good lighting is a must. Our standard windows are tried and true, and come in two sizes. For extra insulation, we also offer double-pane vinyl windows from Cascade Windows, which are made here in Oregon! An optional 5×10 transom window can be added to let in more light.
Let the sun shine in your shed or garage with these shed windows.
- Attractive Aluminum Windows With Decorative Grids (standard)
- 18” X 23” Single-Hung Aluminum Window
- 24” X 27” Single-Hung Aluminum Window
- Double-Pane Vinyl Windows by Cascade Windows (made in Oregon!)
- 24” X 24” Double-Pane Vinyl Window
- 36” X 24” Double-Pane Vinyl Window
- 36” X 36” Double-Pane Vinyl Window
- 10″ X 5′ Transom Window
- Round Windows
- Skylights And More
- Insulated Floors
- Reinforced Flooring
- Additional Floor Runners
- Pressure-Treated Flooring
- No Floor (ideal for cement slabs or pump houses)
Porches, Decks, and Railings
For a really classy look and feel, you can add a porch to your building, with or without a railing.
- Full or Half Porches
- Gable End or Eave Side
- Available In Rustic, Redwood, Or Paint-Grade Material
Shed Construction Accessories
Make your shed construction unique and stylish with some of these added accessories.
Questions and Answers
Will my riding lawnmower or 4-wheeler fit through your standard door?
Usually not. Even though our standard custom door is an extra-wide 43″, it is recommended to upgrade to at least a 5′ double door (6′ is also available) or a roll-up style door. A ramp will be needed also, as the floor is around 7–8″ from the ground. We offer these as options. Call for pricing.
Does the building come painted?
No. However, each building does come factory primed and caulked along the vital areas (around the door, vents, eaves, etc.) and is ready to paint. We use DURATEMP© plywood siding that comes pre-primed with exterior latex primer. The manufacturer recommends a quality topcoat of exterior paint be applied. Do not use vinyl acrylic exterior paint.
We offer custom painting as an upgrade option on every building—using professional paint sprayers and brushes. We can custom match paint to almost everything. Please let us know at the time you place your order for a price quote. Some stock buildings may be painted already.
How tall are the buildings?
Measurements listed are taken from the top of the ridge cap of the roof to the bottom of the floor runners sitting on the ground. Your final height depends on the elevation of the blocks used on the runners.
- 8′ wide= 9′ 9″ tall
- 10′ wide= 10′ 10″ tall (11′ 10″ with a 7/12 pitch roof)
- 12′ wide= 11′ 4″ tall
- 14′ wide = 11′ 8″ tall
- 8′ wide = 9′ 4″ tall
- 10′ wide = 9′ 11″ tall
- Mini-Barn Style:
- 8′ wide = 8′ 6″ tall
- 10′ wide = 9′8″ tall
- Tall Barn Style:
- 10′ wide = 12′ 3″ tall
- 12′ wide = 13′ 4″ tall
How much do the buildings weigh?
This varies by a number of factors. But a few sizes are listed below for a “ball park″ reference:
- 8′ × 10′ Gable = 1700 pounds
- 8′ × 12′ Gable = 1800 pounds
- 10′ × 12′ Gable = 2425 pounds
- 10′ × 16′ Gable = 2950 pounds
- 10′ × 16′ Garage = 3850 pounds
- 10′ × 16′ Tall Barn = 3900 pounds
- 10′ × 20′ Garage = 3780 pounds
- 12′ × 20′ Garage = 4420 pounds
- 12′ × 24′ Quaker = 5480 pounds
- 12′ × 24′ Tall Barn = 6000 pounds